It’s that time of year again! I read about this holiday wishlist thing on Essin-Em’s site last year and thought it was a really cute idea so I’m updating our list from last year; a lot of very kind people made several of my wishes come true. If you have a list, please comment here and I’ll link to it!
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered…whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ or Myspace or Blog. The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just an email address at which you can be contacted by potential wish-grantors, real or imaginary.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your post, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list/blogroll/RSS feeds (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list.
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
My Wishlist (and by ‘my’ I mean a combination of things Andreas and I both wish for)
Sex related stuff first:
-Good queer porn. I have very little and it is sad.
-A clit vibe. A decent, strong one. My bullet vibe died and it made me and my clit very sad. If it’s strong, I want it. Bullet vibes are great. The Wahl would be awesome.
-Male-centric sex toys. A cock ring, stroker, prostate stimulator, whatever. I have literally no exclusively male toys and it makes me sad for my boyfriend.
-Any alternative material toy. Anything made of glass, wood, steel, aluminum, etc.. I love the idea of all these different materials but sadly haven’t had the chance to experience many of them.
-A set of strong, sturdy policeman’s handcuffs.
So that’s enough for the sexy stuff. Now onto other stuff.
-A bus ticket to Minnesota, one way or round trip. I cherish my long distance relationship but travel is expensive. Bus travel is one of the cheapest (if most grueling) ways. But being poor-ass college students makes it next to impossible for us to travel to see one another. Getting away from this town and to Andreas, for even a few weeks, would be the ultimate gift for both of us.
-BOOKS. This is a big one, important to both of us. Books about sexuality, books about film, books about feminism, books by Neil Gaiman, the Dresden Dolls Companion books, books about art, classical literature, weird books, all kinds of books! And GRAPHIC NOVELS. And zines of any kind. And copies of Sight and Sound and Film Comment magazines. If you think you have an interesting book that we’d be interested in, feel free to email us!
-A Netflix subscription: we need more movies in our lives.
-Plus sized clothes/wide calf boots. I am poor and plus sized, which makes it hard for me to obtain good clothes. I’m a size 3x/4x or 24-26. If you have something that you think I might like, you can ask me for my measurements.
-A futon! Our cats destroyed our couch and we need furniture.
-A way to pay for my next tattoo.
-A completely new and original layout for our blog. It’d be nice to start the new year out with a new look. Maybe a new banner but we’re pretty attached to our Louise Brooks.
-FOOD. Me and my roommates are so hungry, so much of the time. Gift cards to anywhere we can buy food or care packages would be amazing.
-Art supplies. I want to dabble in different mediums but paints and brushes are so expensive. Any old art supplies that may be lying around unused I will gladly enjoy.
So that’s all I can think of. If you, gracious sweet soul that you are, can or want to give us any of these things email us at P.G.Grr@gmail.com. Happy holidays, blogosphere!
Here is a list of other bloggers that I know of who have lists up: