This is an old picture of one of my family black cats, the creatively named “Mama Cat.” (Sometimes “Mother Cat”; my sister came up with “Snowball,” but it hasn’t stuck.) Because yes, every link dump is going to have a picture of a kitty. What do you expect? This is Pussy Goes Grrr, after all. That said, upward/onward to this week’s Internet goodies:
- Tommy Wiseau, the thickly accented director behind the cult film The Room, has been capitalizing on his 15 minutes of ironic fame! First there was the recent trailer for his upcoming project The House That Drips Blood on Alex (cue the “WTF?”); now, with the help of noted bad advice haven AskMen.com, he’s released his Top 10: Tips For Making A Sex Tape. It must be read to be believed.
- The AV Club’s great Scenic Routes feature covers one of my new favorite movies, Bigger Than Life. That’s right, Nicholas Ray predicted Glenn Beck.
- The awesome folks over at Dead Homer Society recently talked about the flaws of “Homer’s Enemy” and its overall place in Simpsons history. They hit on several points I missed in my recent analysis, and as a bonus, their piece prompted a letter from Simpsons writer Bill Oakley! It’s a fascinating back-and-forth, and they make some very perceptive arguments, so go over and read it!
- Amanda Palmer as the emcee in Cabaret! Even ze orchestra is beautiful.
- Our friends at Happy Postmodernists were commented on by “a kind of legit author.” Fuck yeah.
- And possibly my new favorite tumblr, FUCK YEAH GIRLS WITH SHORT HAIR.
- More tumblr goodness: STFU, Conservatives, STFU, Sexists and RabbleProChoice. But wait! It’s not ALL political stuff! Old Hollywood (that features some distinctly NOT Hollywood films).
- My Fault, I’m Female – this is basically FML but with the every day misogyny and oppression that women face. Check it out, it’s powerful shit.
And, as your reward for reading (and hopefully visiting some of) these links, here’s the week’s best search terms used to find this blog: “naked tricycle,” “mt olympus pussy,” “gore & gross shit,” and that eternal question, “is grrr a sexy response to a woman”? I can only say that it depends on the context. Have a good great weekend, all.