You may know the adorable duo above as Figaro the cat and Cleo the fish from Disney’s Pinocchio (1940). However, did you realize that they also co-starred in the 8-minute “Figaro and Cleo,” which may well be the cutest piece of short animation in existence anywhere? Seriously: at the end, Figaro and Cleo kiss. It’s that cute.
In non-cuteness-related news, we realize blog updates have been rather sparse lately, and for that we apologize. That’s going to change for real starting next week. Can you trust us? Or is this just a twisted reader/blogger relationship filled with one set of lies after another? Let’s hope it’s the first one. Reviews of movies and sex toys will be back in full force starting very, very soon. In the meantime, LINKS!
- This video shows how some of the digital effects in Black Swan were accomplished. Cool, slightly disturbing stuff!
- The City Pages has a piece on the invention of Oregon Trail by three Carleton alumni in the early ’70s. That’s right: Carleton basically invented computer games.
- If you’ve ever taken a film studies class before, then you should get a laugh out of this Film School Thesis Statement Generator. It’s shockingly right-on when it comes to the lazy depths to which students will sink.
- Courtesy of @ScottPDonaldson, we have a blog about the laziest, oldest political cartoon joke: “If Global Warming Is Real Then Why Is It Cold.”
- This compilation of Christopher Walken impersonations may have been published in May of last year, but I’m linking to it now. There’s no expiration date on great Walken-related humor.
- Finally, Cinema Fanatic at YAM Magazine has this very solid “Beginner’s Guide to Silent Films,” with all the usual suspects: Keaton, Griffith, Eisenstein, etc.
In terms of search terms, someone was looking for “tom waits porn” (Ashley and I strongly approve), while another searcher wanted to know the “award for the best looking vagina.” Along similar lines, “where to get pussy in hennepin county?” (My joking answer: visit the Humane Society!) And of course, “radiator rape.” That just speaks for itself.