What better than a lunar cat family to host this week’s (rather full) Link Dump! I was never personally fond of Diana myself; adding kids to the mix just ruins everything (just like what happened when they added Rini/Chibusa; you’d think they’d learn from their mistakes) but it’s an adorable kitty family to go with some adorable (and some severely not adorable) links!
- This is a very cool Stanley Kubrick animated filmography, with neat images spanning his whole career.
- Jim Emerson writes eloquently about the power and beauty of Uncle Boonmee and the films of Apichatpong Weerasethakul. Must-read.
- Rocky Horror creator Richard O’Brien dishes on the history of the show and film, Glee, and more.
- As part of the super-cool Lance Henriksen Blogathon, Alison of The Pineal Eye reviewed Kathryn Bigelow’s Near Dark. If you like kick-ass vampire movies, well, you should obviously just go read it.
- Bookgasm has “15 Great Books About Bad Movies,” including delights by Mike Nelson and Joe Bob Briggs.
- Bitches’ Guide To Etiquette, a blog that is all snark and defiance, was created in response to the numerous “how to be dainty” and “how to be a lady” blogs that give compelling advice, such as “Chew like you have a secret.” The snark is much needed in the face of such fuckery.
- Fellow Tumblr-er Rosewater Sailor puts the smack-down on would-be survivor silencers with “I’m Not Asking. I’m Demanding.“; if there’s any question in your mind about whether or not survivors should have a voice regardless of how uncomfortable talking about rape makes non-survivors read this right the fuck now.
- Deathfatties: fat + fashion = a shit ton of fabulous, confident chicks showing off their fashion sense.
- What it means when you say something is “so ghetto.” Spoiler: it’s fucking racist.
- In Depressing Rape Culture News, a US judge has said that lesbians should be allowed to serve in the military because men could “convert them”; yeah, bro totally just endorsed corrective rape. WTF.
Not much to share in the realm of search terms this week: we had somebody looking for the “la belle et la bete porn version” (hint: Cocteau didn’t make one, although Genet’s Chant d’Amour is as close as you’re going to get); someone else typed in the run-of-the-mill misspelling “secks fail”; and finally, we continue our chronicle of icky bestiality search terms with “fucking “cow pussy””. Does this mean the searcher wanted to learn about how to fuck cow pussies? Or just, you know, colloquially: fuckin’ cow pussy? We may never know. (I hope.)