This pretty white kitty comes courtesy of Lee Grant, playing the wealthy matriarch in Hal Ashby’s debut The Landlord. It’s a very underrated satire of class warfare and racial tension in the early ’70s. It’s also includes a kitty. Now here are some links!
- Netflix is basically how we live now, so thankfully someone’s put together a blog called “Hacking Netflix.” Get all the insider info on how online streaming is about to change!
- The Nazis wanted to put together an army of talking dogs, and no, I’m not kidding.
- Tom Shone asks why summer blockbusters are looking backward.
- The A.V. Club’s Alison Willmore asks what really defines that elusive “strong female character.”
- Via Geekologie, Data from Star Trek: TNG raps about his cat and tickles me greatly.
- From the National Enquirer Department, was Ingmar Bergman not actually his mother’s biological son?
- Awesome new book are coming out about the careers of Satoshi Kon and Paul Thomas Anderson.
We had a pretty fantastic assortment of gross/bizarre search terms this week, like the vaginally themed “cunt eat mouse” and “bloddin on pussy.” We had the aggressive “bash your fucking skull,” and the gentler “pornfor a nice man.” My absolute favorite, though, was definitely “tutu fecal.” Seriously. What in the world does that mean? I’ll let you ponder that one.