Hey, look! It’s the cutest kitty in all of science fiction! Of course I speak of Jones, resident feline of the spaceship Nostromo. He may have led Ripley to risk her life needlessly, but really, look at him. You can’t be angry with that kitty. Now here are some links:
- Ashley got published over at the esteemed feminist pop culture website FanGirlTastic! Her piece is called “No Girls Allowed: The Backlash Against Diablo Cody,” and it’s damn good.
- We all knew George Lucas was a total asshole, but this is ridiculous.
- Yet another candidate for Best Tumblr Ever: the fashion of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Though this Tumblr puts up some stuff competition: “Pop Art by Mr Whaite,” featuring awesome neon movie posters.
- Apparently screenshots from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends are like the funniest things ever.
- Bob Rehak at Graphic Engine offers an incredibly smart essay on “William Cameron Menzies and the Clumsy Sublime,” delving into Menzies’ production design in Kings Row.
- The Guardian has a set of testimonials by comics artists, about great comics artists like R. Crumb, Chris Ware, and more.
- In the midst of the Great Netflix Price Hike Controversy of 2011, Edward Copeland gives us perhaps the most insightful and personal response, taking class and disability into consideration.
- Kindertrauma’s Uncle Lancifer praises John Carpenter’s frighteningly ambiguous endings.
- Orson Welles’s Chimes at Midnight is being re-released!!
- In celebration of the final Harry Potter movie, Joy over at The Gloss drops some serious truth bombs in “Why Harry Potter Should Really Be All About Hermione Granger.”
- If you’re a college student like I am, you should sign this petition right now; the GOP says Pell Grants are “welfare” and wants to take them from hardworking, low-income students. Please help save Pell Grants!
Not much lately in the way of search terms, but I did enjoy “why copy editors are important.” In case you were wondering, it’s because copy-editing makes writing coherent and professional. Hurray for correct grammar and spelling!