Aww, look, it’s a kitty experimented on by Vincent Price in the William Castle classic The Tingler! (And in other Vincent Price news, I finally won Five Frames From over at My New Plaid Pants. The answer was The Abominable Dr. Phibes, and I am ridiculously proud of that achievement.) Anyway, lest my gloating bore you, the links:
- Somebody awesome could always use your excess cash. This time, it’s Katie and Miles of the ShowShow Podcast. Donate away!
- In an interview with Randall King of the Winnipeg Free Press, Wizard of Winnipeg Guy Maddin discusses his new movie Keyhole, his lost film art installation Hauntings, and more. (I also learned from this that he’s married to the Kim Morgan. Which is so fucking cool.)
- “[Lars von Trier] was a rude fucking bastard.“
- In The Guardian, Mark Cousins writes perceptively about cinematic revolutions.
- Jeff Allard writes most entertainingly about the aftermath of the original Friday the 13th.
- Nancy Upton gives a big “fuck you” to American Apparel and their condescending, fat-phobic model search with “That’s not our demographic.”
- David Cairns look at all the Polanski protagonists who never seem to get anywhere. (Coincidentally, Tom McCormack writes about Polanski’s Apartment Trilogy for Alt Screen.)
We had some pretty mind-boggling search terms this week. Like, um, “ילדות קטנות בסקס,” which is apparently Hebrew for “little girls sex.” So now we’re attracting the attention of Israeli pedophiles? Great. Just great. Less off-putting and more hilarious was “tintelating pictures.” I love it when people are so horny that they can’t spell. Finally, we had “i just wanna shit on society,” which really speaks for itself.