As Ashley announced yesterday, we’re serious about October here at Pussy Goes Grrr. It’s horror month, and we’re not gonna shut up about horror movies until November 1. (Actually, make that “ever.”) In order to ease you gently into our month-long orgy of frights and bites, though, I’ve prepared a list of horror-related posts we’ve written between last Halloween and today. Consider it your chance to catch up with what we did in the past 11 months…
- I reviewed a ton of random horror movies like Lucio Fulci’s House by the Cemetery (1981); A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 3: Dream Warriors (1987); Daughters of Darkness (1971); Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (1977); Ice Cream Man (1995); and Saws II, III, and IV (2005-07). (I also shared thoughts on a few classics, like Psycho ; Nosferatu ; and INLAND EMPIRE . Yes, I call INLAND EMPIRE a “classic.”)
- I collaborated with some of our blogging friends, writing “Horror is everywhere (3)” for From Midnight With Love and “10 Scary Simpsons Moments” for the Dead Homer Society.
- I wrote my senior thesis, all about “Gender, Sympathy, and the Monstrous Hero”! (Yes, the crowning achievement of my college education was mostly focused on Cat People.)
- Ashley remembered an especially traumatizing scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988).
- Ashley and I joined forces for two entries in the Final Girl Film Club: an appreciation of Tobe Hooper’s The Funhouse (1981) and our highly popular, highly snarky review of Adam Green’s Frozen (2010).
- We both participated in blogathons: I wrote about The Haunting (1963) for the Queer Film Blogathon, while Ashley wrote a tribute to P.J. Soles in Halloween.
- Finally, we both shared our top 10 horror movies of the past decade; here’s my selection and here’s Ashley’s.
I hope these links refresh you and get you feeling the horror! Because October’s started, and it’s not gonna stop (until 29 days from now).