This week’s kitty is Pyewacket, the “familiar” for Kim Novak’s sultry witch in Bell, Book, and Candle. Novak’s using Pyewacket to bewitch Jimmy Stewart into falling for her… like any sensible person with magical powers would. And now I magically beseech you to read these links!
- According to Jezebel, Americans plan to spend $6.9 billion on Halloween this year, over twice as much as in 2005. And it’s worth every penny. (The comments on that article include some amazing costume ideas, too.)
- Popshifter’s September/October 2011 issue, “Halloween Horrors IV: The Awakening,” is now ready for your perusal. It’s got Lance Henriksen, My Bloody Valentine, Apollo 18, and much more.
- Here’s a 2-year-old article by Noah Berlatsky published over at Bright Lights Film Journal. I’m linking to it now because it’s called “The Child Is Father to the Child: On the Friday the 13th Series,” and that’s awesome.
- As part of his Halloween celebration, Marvin the Macabre wants you to send in your scary mixtapes!
- Film critics Matt Zoller Seitz and Kim Morgan take on the dark art of desire in Roman Polanski’s Repulsion (aka “The Best Movie Ever”).
Alas, not even the rise of October has brought us any strange or twisted search terms beyond the usual porn-tastic clumps of words. Better luck next week, I guess.