Boris Karloff’s grave-digging villain in The Body Snatcher needs to stop getting into fights. It’s pissing off his kitty! Look at how that cat’s snarling. It’s saying, “Hey Karloff, take your petty corpse-related squabbles elsewhere! I’ve got kitty stuff to do.” We hope you’ve been enjoying our feast of pre-Halloween delights this month, with plenty more to come. And now, here are links:
- It’s time to boycott Dr. Pepper. Wonder why? The Mary Sue has the answer. (It’s “flagrant sexism.”)
- The Thing: The Musical. Watch it. Fuck yes.
- Nick Pinkerton asks, “Who is the Worst American Film Critic of All Time?“
- Six beautiful words: Dr. Seuss’s “The Call of Cthulhu.”
- If you to waste like half an hour while laughing a lot, read these “brilliantly sarcastic responses to completely well-meaning signs.”
- Shane Carruth, director of the brilliant and underappreciated Primer, is back (hopefully, maybe) with Upstream Color. (Please let this actually get made!)
This isn’t that weird of a search term, but I found it too funny not to share: “snow white and the seven dwarfs get some pussy.” Yep.