Courtesy of Jasmine’s pet tiger Rajah, we’re easing ourselves into the post-Halloween season—that bizarre holiday interregnum known as “November.” So finish noshing on that discounted candy and join us for these (still pretty Halloween-centric) links:
- Cinema Fanatic, a friend of Pussy Goes Grrr, interviewed Jesse Hawthorne Ficks, curator of the SF-based movie series MiDNiTES FOR MANiACS. The results are must-read. And may help restore your faith in cinema.
- Want to see popular Hollywood movies zombified?
- At last, a website helps us out by answering the question, “Is rape funny?“
- The NYT has a pretty cool look at the process behind amusement parks’ Halloween attractions.
- Homemade They Live masks!
- Here’s a Diabolical Diagram of Movie Monsters.
- Despicable: Spirit of Halloween DESTROYS and throws away their merchandise instead donating it. Fucked up.
- Finally, I contributed to The Mike’s True Heroes of Horror poll over at From Midnight With Love. While you’re at it, read the rest of his “Heroes” entries—they’re damn impressive and showcase everything we love about the genre.
Since this is the 50th-ever Link Dump (wow! 50!), we decided to celebrate through search terms. Here’s the deal: every single day, we receive countless hits through searches like “[actress’s name] pussy.” This happens with a lot of actresses. So, as our gift to you, here’s a list of a few dozen actresses (and other, sometimes fictional people) whose names have been repeatedly searched for alongside “pussy” (or “cunt,” or “twat”):
- Winona Ryder, Sarah Polley, Faye Dunaway, P.J. Soles, Hermione Granger, Carrie-Anne Moss, Rita Hayworth, Melanie Lynskey, Tilda Swinton, Helena Bonham Carter, Julianne Moore, Catherine Keener, Sigourney Weaver, Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Winslet, Sandra Bullock, Abigail Breslin, Isabella Rossellini, Teri Garr, Annette Bening, Nicole Kidman, Vivien Leigh, Amanda Seyfried, Emma Stone, Katherine Hepburn, Anna Faris, Jesse Eisenberg, Agnes Moorhead, Janet Leigh, Lily Tomlin.