Hey, it’s Kirara, Sango’s demon-cat companion from InuYasha! Pretty old-school, right? Brings back memories of watching Adult Swim at 2 AM. (For me, anyway.) She’s here, in her cute diminutive form, to welcome us into December. And to entreat you to check out this compendium of fun, fascinating links:
- What makes Godzilla tick? Illustrator Ronnie Tucker knows.
- Look at all these Ugly Renaissance Babies!
- Terry Gilliam: “I believe in the things I make. The fact that God doesn’t want me to make them is beside the point.”
- How gendered can products get?
- “10 Things 90s Kids Will Have To Explain To Their Children” from Chelsea Fagan of Thought Catalog.
- “Angels eyes that old devil sent”: Dan Callahan on Michael Fassbender in Shame.
- A spoiler-filled animated tribute to the greatness of Drive.
- Hammer to Nail presents “A Conversation With Bela Tarr” about his new movie, The Turin Horse.
- An effort to restore Manos: The Hands of Fate from a rediscovered workprint and put it on Blu-ray.
- Kevin Smith: professional asshole.
And we’ve got search terms! Like “creepy distorted face music video.” Which, c’mon, doesn’t that refer to like 95% of all pseudo-avant-garde music videos? We had “define:pussy”—FYI, Google says it’s “2. vulgar. A woman’s genitals.” And finally, “satanic whore gets fucked on pentagram.” I’m sure there’s porn out there for that. Or, again, music videos. Lots and lots of awful music videos.