Ah, Tigger: top made out of rubber, bottom made out of string, the hyperactive bane to parents everywhere. Did you see the new Winnie the Pooh movie? It was a really cute, modest effort that got financially crushed under HP7.2‘s enormous heel. But it’s still very funny, well-cast, and worth watching. (Hell, “Everything Is Honey” and the not/knot routine are both solid gold, and it’s only an hour long.) Now that I’ve plugged one of 2011’s sweetest animated treats, here are some links…
- Sady Doyle on Bridesmaids in “Introducing: Lady Loser Comedy.”
- Those damn Muppets and their liberal propaganda.
- For the nerd in your life: Legend of Zelda aprons.
- Rick Perry has some unpopular opinions.
- Calum Marsh writes “Self-Congratulations All Around” on Woody Allen’s comedy and Midnight in Paris.
- Ben Sachs on the editing of Bridesmaids and Margaret.
- Linda Holmes at NPR has the hilarious “The 20 Unhappiest People You Meet In The Comments Sections Of Year-End Lists.”
- Via Keith Phipps of The A.V. Club, Funny or Die presents “The 1982 Tron Holiday Special.”
- Ben Robinson on “Buster Keaton and the uses of illusion.” (I have never been able to figure out that briefcase trick in Sherlock Jr.)
We had a few odd, off-putting search terms this week. First, as usual, are the vaginal ones: “truly the best pussy movie show” and “funny thinkings that women put in cunts.” Then “dark blood satanic pentagram,” which sounds like an excerpt from My Immortal. And speaking of bad Harry Potter fanfiction, “albus and rose incest.” Yep. All right.