This week’s kitty is not only adorably nommin’ some food; it’s also right next to Ryan Gosling’s legs in the movie Half Nelson, which makes it doubly cute. In short, cute kitty! Now here’s a very full, very fun set of links:
- The very clever “2012 Book Spine Poem Gallery.”
- “Pop Reinterpretation“: Renaissance paintings meet pop culture, with awesome results.
- Werner Herzog: “I’m talking about total extinction. We are not sustainable.” (Elsewhere: Herzog on realizing that John Waters is gay. No, seriously.)
- “TILDA STARDUST.” Aka a tumblr created specifically for me.
- Peter Labuza on film critics and baseball.
- Calum Marsh at Slant has an eloquent defense of Shame, new to DVD.
- Keith Uhlich on “Garlands and cobwebs: Vincente Minnelli’s ecstatic vision.”
- Glenn Dunks on the THESPIANS in the “Cannes Class of 2012.”
- We didn’t participate this past week, but The Film Experience’s “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” series took on Firefly/Serenity. Chiwetel! (Also great: Craig’s “Take Three” devoted to John Hurt.)
Here’s an especially timely search term: “cannes film festival fucking pussy films.” Also, “flsh lifht pussy.” Whatever that means.