We’re just past the blogathon’s halfway point and making incredible progress. Yet again I’m astounded by how diverse our participants’ interests and approaches are. So get reading!
- Christianne has more for us: this time, she analyzes the dehumanizing clichés (and occasional triumphs) of transgender documentaries, from the quasi-doc Glen or Glenda (pictured above) to recent ones like She’s a Boy I Knew.
- Stephanie Hammer from Magically Real recalls seeing boys kiss for the first time in 1971’s Sunday Bloody Sunday.
- Wednesday’s Child from Deep Red Rum introduces us to the gay ghost story Heaven’s a Drag.
- What Happened to Hollywood? has a discussion of the role played by anti-gay bullying in Rudolph Valentino’s death.
- Mollybot from This is Mollybot argues against descriptions of Psycho’s Norman Bates as “queer.”
- Sam from A World of Gods and Monsters lists “Top 5 LGBT Themed Films.”
More to come tomorrow!