This week’s unbelievably cute kitty is Pussyfoot, best friend to the dog Marc Anthony, as created by Chuck Jones. (This particular image is from “Kiss Me Cat.”) Enormous eyes, inexpressive face, loving canine buddy… yeah, every other kitty can just go home. Pussyfoot has to be the cutest. Anyway, here are a ton of links:
- Because everyone loves accidentally sexual Golden Age comics, here are 100 panels from them.
- From Autostraddle’s Ali: “Dr. Ben Barres Knows That Misogyny in the Sciences Is Real.”
- Comics creators Mark Waid and Jeremy Rock have “4 Panels That Never Work.”
- Kathie Smith has a list of the “Best Films Directed By Women,” and it’s better than most such lists.
- Wake up with the sound of shredding money.
- Australian animator Adam Elliot’s early short “Cousin.”
- Brent Rollins remembers “The ‘Black Bart’ Craze.”
- “Our Beautiful Wickedness: On Reading Films Queerly,” a video in memory of Alexander Doty from Film Studies For Free.
- On Indiegogo: “Help Save Lakota Sioux Sacred Land!“
Not much in the way of search terms these past couple weeks, but I’m still amused by “look in side girl badey” and “www gose fozen muschi,” which seems like a severely garbled attempt to type in a URL. For what kind of website, I have no idea. “Goose frozen… muschi”?