This week’s kitty is from the People Holding Cats tumblr, and is being held by Jean-Paul Sartre, who’s deep in his work. Maybe hugging a kitty helps you concentrate on philosophy? Anyway, here are some links:
- “Famous architects dressed as their buildings, 1931.”
- Cultso’s Josh Dixon presents: “Artist Takes Every Drug Known to Man, Draws Self Portraits After Each Use.”
- “Beyond the Pale”: David Ehrlich on Scarlett Johansson’s ass in the first shot of Lost in Translation.
- Richard Brody points out that “Not Every Great Movie Has to Be Awesome.” (Love this piece.)
- A.O. Scott is a genius.
- One of my favorite recent news stories: “Father of the Year Helps Dress-Wearing Son Feel Comfortable By Putting on a Skirt Himself.”
- A video of “Kubrick // One-Point Perspective.”
- Finally, The Guardian published a list of “The 23 best film directors in the world today,” and it’s… let’s just say lacking. So Julien Allen retorted with “A response to The Guardian’s ‘Best 23 Directors in the World Today.’”
For search terms, we have the usual: “funny feminist view of sociology,” “greta garboe pussy,” and “hot girls goes grrrrr,” the latter of which sounds like an idea for a Pussy Goes Grrr spin-off blog.