More from People Holding Cats: this time it’s a scruffy Anthony Hopkins cuddling the world’s smallest, fluffiest kitty. And just like that, any Hopkins-related fears you may have from watching Silence of the Lambs melt away. Look at him with that kitty! No way he’s a cannibal who makes creepy noises with his tongue. And now, lotsa links:
- I’m now a participant in Criticwire’s weekly survey, so you can read my brief thoughts there on Amour, The Deep Blue Sea, Punch-Drunk Love, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- Thought Catalog’s Erin Williams has “27 Things That Will Make Your Life Easier, Period,” most of which feel like they were written specifically for me.
- Cathy Leamy’s “Edgy Comics Bingo” card. Funny and true!
- “The Criterion Collection in 2.5 Minutes.”
- Be still, my heart: a live-action recreation of the Recess opening!
- Disenfranchisement ahoy! “What I Spent to Comply With Pennsylvania’s New Voter ID Law.”
- NPR’s Robert Krulwich on stacking cities sideways.
- Five words: Martin McDonagh, Tom Waits, musical. OK, six: because yes.
- “FILMography,” which matches up images from movies with their real-world shooting locations.
A few hilarious/pornographic search terms over the past couple weeks: “email@example.com,” “стерильная лаборатория” (apparently Russian for “sterile laboratory”?), “mmm que vagina,” and finally, “fuck like thunder womens.” Indeed.