This week’s big, cute kitty is from Bertrand Bonello’s House of Pleasures (aka House of Tolerance, L’Apollonide, etc.) It’s kind of like a campus cat, except for a Belle Époque brothel. And now, some (very list-centric) links:
- From Fandor: Caveh Zahedi’s 100 favorite movies and Glenn Heath with 10 coming-of-age films.
- Indiewire’s Oliver Lyttelton collects “The 10 Least Essential Character posters Of 2012,” aka “Why did they make that marketing choice?”
- Michael Atkinson’s top 10 “genre” movies of 2012.
- Adam Kuntavanish on the top 10 performances of 2012.
- Aaron Balick psychoanalyzes The Master.
- I participated in an early year-end poll, “12 Films a Flickering,” conducted by Julien Allen. I’m very pleased by the results. (Note that eligibility was determined by UK release.)
- “Watch the five best cult British movies you’ve (probably) never seen – selected by Julian Upton.”
- This past spring, Farran Smith Nehme (aka The Self-Styled Siren) interviewed Whit Stillman “on scent and showgirls.”
My favorite recent search term has to be “brother sister awkward sex.” Because really, how many other types of brother/sister sex are there? (I also like “status update about fuckers.”)