This week’s man-eating kitty is from the Sandman series, specifically the story “A Dream of a Thousand Cats” from the book Dream Country. Remember: Watch out, because with a single collective dream, cats could overturn the natural order again! And now, I give you our last set of links for 2012:
- John Lingan on “Water and Wonder” in It’s a Wonderful Life at the Paris Review.
- Here’s The Turin Horse, improved in the best possible way.
- From Matt Zurcher, the video essay “A Story of that World: Artifice in Breathless and A Woman is a Woman.”
- For my fellow Minnesotan cinephiles, here’s a collection of archival “Minnesota Movie Ads.”
- Kim Morgan on “Marilyn, The Master, and Melancholia.”
- Zach Campbell on Bernie.
- “Ozu // Passageways” (via Abid Anwar)
- Izzet on his love for An Education.
- From the journal Lola, here’s “Hail Holy Motors,” ten fragmentary takes on Carax’s fragmentary film.
- The Chicago Reader’s Ben Sachs on “Getting by in four recent American comedies.”
We’ll close off this year of Link Dumps with a pair of pussy-related search terms: “oozing foaming pussy vedios” (eww) and “two gey one pussy” (huh?). Yeah, I think “eww” and “huh?” just about sum up the Pussy Goes Grrr search term experience.