This week’s kitty is from the prestige drama Notes on a Scandal, which has some terrific work by Judi Dench (and her poor sick kitty) but left a bad taste in my mouth with its aggressive homophobia. Anyway, kitty. And now links:
- David William Upton writes “Reimagining Doris Day: Queer eye on a straight woman.”
- “Paris and environs in Holy Motors.”
- Vadim Rizov on “How to issue fiery negative rhetoric on the internet.”
- “Queer games are important.”
- “How Black Power Won the American West, and Why Tarantino Doesn’t Get It.”
- Jon Gingerich’s “Five Plot Devices That Hurt Your Writing.”
- W asks awards season stars, “Who is your cinematic crush?”
- An index of films featuring maps.
- Joaquin Villalobos’s top 10 films of 2012.
Two weird, bestiality-themed search terms this week: first the relatively prosaic “beautiful boy fuck sheep” and then the “Whaaaat?”-inducing “pussy girls fucking horse monkey zebra camel etc.” Whaaaat? indeed.