This week’s kitty is gazing ominously at the title character of Edward Dmytryk’s The Sniper, which I wrote about recently. Never have I seen a cat with more accusing eyes. And now, some links:
- Rob Liefeld wrote a screenplay about his life.
- “Bleeding and Time: In Praise of Amy Heckerling’s Vamps.”
- Michael Koresky on the bad musicals of 1967.
- Brent Morrow’s “Best 21st Century Musicals.”
- “Music from Wong Kar-Wai’s Movies.”
- From 2005, here’s an interview Jonathan Marlow conducted with Apichatpong Weerasethakul.
- Imogen Smith on “storytelling in two Powell & Pressburger films.”
- Glen Weldon on “Superman, Orson Scott Card and Me.”
- Steve Almond critiques the liberal satire of Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.
This week’s sexual search terms include “slippery teen twat first time with looney toons” (ewww…?) and the amusingly self-censoring “bondage mind-effing.” Mind-effing!