This week’s kitty is a threat to the singing cockroaches of Joe’s Apartment (1996), a hyperactive comedy from MTV Films—and a film that features cameos by Hate and Love and Rockets, two of its era’s signature indie comics. And now, links:
- T.F. Charlton explains quickly and simply “why The Onion’s Quvenzhané Wallis tweet was so hurtful.”
- Dan Kagan-Kans on Danny Kaye.
- “Misogynistic Lyrics that aren’t Rap.”
- “Meows of the Afternoon” (aka Maya Deren replaced by cats!)
- Two articles on porn: “Transforming Pornography: Black Porn for Black Women” and “Lascivious: For the Love of Porn.”
- Alan Scherstuhl presents “Here’s the 1950s Quiz That Proves You Are a Terrible Wife.”
This week’s amusingly pornographic search terms: “love 1940s pussy”! “albus lily luna incest fuck hard”! I don’t think we have the kind of Harry Potter fanfiction they’re looking for.