I wrote something about slasher movies! You can read it now on The Hooded Utilitarian. Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Phantasm, Child’s Play… all their sequels are under discussion. Their quirks, their staggering lapses in logic, and their (mostly vain) attempts to make that “kill, kill, kill” formula seem fresh again. Thanks to HU for publishing it!
Awww, look, it’s the kitty from Joe Dante’s massively underrated Small Soldiers! And it’s giving some affection to Archer, emissary of the Gorgonites. Cute. And now, some links:
- OK, I kind of really love the Phantasm pinball game.
- “Doing it Again: In Depth,” a Kickstarter for a video project about trans women’s sexualities as discussed by trans women.
- And one more Kickstarter just to really show that there are way more important things to donate to than douchey nerds who already make tons of cash from their extremely popular (and shitty) webcomic: Miss Zee Coloring Book, a coloring book for little girls who don’t see themselves represented anywhere.
- Humanæ, a project whose objective is “to record and catalog all possible human skin tones.”
- The snake has officially swallowed its own tail: an infographic about infographics.
- Peter Labuza has announced The Cinepheliacs, “a podcast about cinephiles and cinema.”
Here are a couple of ultra-sexual (as usual) search terms: “reviews about the sweet smelling aroma of pussy” (are there “pussy aroma”-centric review sites?) and “lust of fuck,” which is lovably blunt. Lust of fuck! Have a good weekend.