This week’s kitty is a threat to the singing cockroaches of Joe’s Apartment (1996), a hyperactive comedy from MTV Films—and a film that features cameos by Hate and Love and Rockets, two of its era’s signature indie comics. And now, links:
This week’s amusingly pornographic search terms: “love 1940s pussy”! “albus lily luna incest fuck hard”! I don’t think we have the kind of Harry Potter fanfiction they’re looking for.
Our first fluffy kitty of 2013 is from Busby Berkeley’s The Gang’s All Here, which I wrote about yesterday. Aww, it looks like it’s waiting for a phone call! Aren’t cats just the cutest? And now, links:
Two pornographic search terms this week, and I don’t want to know what either sentence means: “making love videos of loving blacks and white cuckold” and “real hidden camera in a restaurant bathrooms and pussy the advent of the menstrual cycle.” Yikes.
Filed under Cinema, Feminism
This week’s hairless kitty and its prominent testicles come from the Lohan-starring bizarro flop I Know Who Killed Me. So, there’s that. Now here are many, many links:
- Sarah Woolley: “Why I wince through Hollywood sex scenes and not porn.”
- “Back to the Future,” a fascinating photo project by Irina Werning that flashes from children to adults. (H/t Jason Nelson)
- Jumping off from Total Film’s white-centric list, YAM Magazine provides a very sexy, diverse “Top 25 Hottest Film Performers.”
- The Henson Company has slashed ties to Chick-fil-A, and will be donating any Chick-fil-A money… to GLAAD.
- I haven’t seen The Dark Knight Rises yet, but everybody’s talking about it now, including The Film Doctor and Joel at The Dancing Image.
- Courtesy of “master mashup artist ChugsTheMonkey,” we have a trailer for 2001: A Space Odyssey, recut to look like a summer blockbuster and remind us how badass that movie is.
- Buzz Bissinger has one of the best takes on the Penn State rape scandal, “Joe Paterno Was a Dictator.”
- Dion Beary of The Black Kids Table writes “A White Woman’s Worst Nightmare,” about the racist YA series Save the Pearls.
We have a handful of weird/creepy search terms this week, like “free mivies of girls in poverty countries showing pussey” (a lot wrong with that one), “‘baby bottle ‘ masturbation” (ewww), “mississippian pussies” (huh), and the pièce de résistance, “frog -islam coming out of vagina dream meaning.” Because wow.
This week’s kitty is being played with by some Thai kids in Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s debut feature Mysterious Object at Noon. It’s totally unrelated to the substance of the film, but who cares? It’s a kitty! And as usual, it’s followed by a series of really great links:
- This piece by Sheila O’Malley on Mia Wasikowska’s performance in Jane Eyre is the kind of writing I want to produce. The kind of brilliant, detailed, precise film writing I strive for and emulate. Worth reading even if you’ve never seen Jane Eyre.
- Andreas has a new piece up 366 Weird Movies, this one discussing Carlos Atanes’s sci-fi movie PROXIMA.
- It looks like late August’s big movie blogosphere debate has been sparked by Matthias Stork’s fascinating video essay “Chaos Cinema: The Decline and Fall of Action Filmmaking.” Retorts and nods of assent have been coming fast and furious. A few examples:
- This “Triple Female Trouble” piece from Dark Eye Socket may be a year and a half old, but it’s still a very entertaining read, and focuses partially on Martyrs, a perennial favorite ’round these parts.
- If you haven’t yet, definitely watch the trailer for Lucky McKee’s new movie The Woman (which, you may remember, caused a stir at Sundance). Looks incredible.
- Kim Newman is, as usual, a total badass. He told off a commenter who trotted out the old “What did you expect?”
- Michael Pattison suggests less fetishization of the director.
- Is Greek cinema having a Weird Wave?
- The depressing history of the Anoka-Hennepin school district’s battle over LGBT issues.
- Porn parody posters vs. their mainstream counterparts!
We had a few epically odd search terms this past week, like the bizarrely misspelled and redundant “inside veiw of a pragnant womans pussy insides.” And “كرتون كايوتك سكس,” which is apparently Arabic for “Cartoon Sex Cayotk,” whatever that means. Unfortunately, I have to close with the most uncomfortable search term of the week, and possibly all time: “the joys of fucking your daughter.” Yeah.