Look! It’s a kitty clinging to a tree in the Steve Martin vehicle Roxanne! So cute. Not unlike that kitty, Pussy Goes Grrr has been pretty sluggish lately, for reasons related to personal lives, spring break, etc. But more writing is just around the corner and for now, some links:
- A first look at Womanthology, featuring a description of Ashley’s story “Swimming”!
- And Kailyn Kent, a friend of Pussy Goes Grrr, got her artistic endeavors written up by 3rd Ward!
- A depressing series of pie charts re: sexism and book reviews.
- Somebody missed the point of The Lorax.
- Via io9, here are 24 “Weird and Wonderful Movies That You’ll Never Get to See.”
- Michael C. asks that all-important moviegoing question, “To Read Or Not To Read?” and analyzes it in depth.
- The Diary of a Film Cricket has this well-researched list of “The Top 10 Intertitles from silent movies.”
This week, we have a pair of search terms that double as advice column submissions. First: “vagina getting red every month.” That is called menstruating and, in the words of Carrie’s mom, it means you’re a woman now. Second: “am i a pussy for being affraid of heights.” Hey: 1) the epithet “pussy” is nothing to be ashamed of and 2) I’m also deathly afraid of anything beyond a second floor. Heights are scary.