“Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,” wrote Data of his cat Spot. “An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature.” That’s right: this week’s kitty is the adorable tabby from Star Trek: The Next Generation, a show I recently wrote about. The show’s cast members had wildly differing opinions about Spot, but I just love that spacefaring kitty. And now, links!
A few recent search terms: “mmm cunt,” “sensual asholes.dvd” (which I’m sorry to say cannot be purchased from this website), and “pelicula ratas gigantes asesinas,” which is Spanish for “giant killer rat movies.” Like The Food of the Gods, maybe?
This week’s kitty is from the prestige drama Notes on a Scandal, which has some terrific work by Judi Dench (and her poor sick kitty) but left a bad taste in my mouth with its aggressive homophobia. Anyway, kitty. And now links:
Two weird, bestiality-themed search terms this week: first the relatively prosaic “beautiful boy fuck sheep” and then the “Whaaaat?”-inducing “pussy girls fucking horse monkey zebra camel etc.” Whaaaat? indeed.
The kitties for this week’s 80th Link Dump are from notoriously kitty-friendly auteur Chris Marker and his short film La Jetée, which I wrote about yesterday. They’re lying on a blanket! So cute and comfy. And now, an abundance of links…
- Jeffrey Sconce’s “Belated Thoughts on Themed Dining in Todd Solondz’s Life During Wartime.”
- Michael Barthel’s “Game Change and Showgirls: Politics as Camp.”
- NPR’s Laura Krantz on “Photographing Literature’s Famous Food Scenes,” a photo series by Dinah Fried.
- Wanna see cute, blocky versions of Criterion covers? Of course you do.
- Chris Higgins asks, “Did Blowing into Nintendo Cartridges Really Help?”
- Glenn Dunks at Stale Popcorn takes apart After Elton’s very questionable “100 Greatest Gay Movies” list piece by piece.
- “No Homophobes,” a project that monitors homophobic slurs on Twitter.
- Alex at Film Forager made/sells a kick-ass Enter the Dragon poster.
- Ian Grey on “How Lifeforce and Mean Streets saved my sanity.”
- For about the thousandth time, Richard Brody explains exactly why I love movies: “The Movies Aren’t Dying (They’re Not Even Sick.)“
- Want to read a little something about The Master? Here are nine of my favorite pieces on it, from (in alphabetical order) Jason Bellamy, Jake Cole, Bilge Ebiri, Jim Emerson, Kent Jones, Scott Nye, Alyssa Rosenberg, Bill Ryan, and Matt Zurcher.
Recent search terms that amuse me include “self photo fail, dildo,” “last minut pusst,” and of course “سكس,” is Arabic for “sex.”
Today, with the help of Marlon Brando and a cute kitty, I must drop that saddest of blogging words: hiatus. For a number of reasons (work, personal lives, etc.), Pussy Goes Grrr will not be updated until June 17, just in time for the Queer Film Blogathon. (P.S.—still plenty of time to sign up!) Till then, you can always glance over our index of reviewed films, leave comments on old posts, or check out the links below…
We’ll leave you until later in the month with a pretty hilarious search term: “witch lesbian make magically disappear with pussy.”
Filed under Cinema, Media
This week’s kitty comes from the mental illness drama Girl, Interrupted. Its owner hangs herself, but HEY kitty! It’s also my birthday, so it’s especially cool that I get to spend it thinking about kitties, movies, and some great links…
Finally, we have a pair of amusing search terms: “most tasteless house warming present,” which would be what, a swastika doormat? And “is disney making a movie about lesbian princesses,” the answer to which is pretty obvious. (It’s “no.” What, do you think we’re living in the 21st century or something?)